Such responsibilities include:
- Currency exchange
- Monetary stabilisation
- Promotion of sound finances for the country
- Issue of new currency
- Controlling the supply of money through the banks
- Empowering strong economic development for the country and
- Facilitating international transfers through SWIFT codes
Financial and banking services provided by the banks include:
- High interest savings accounts
- Term deposits ranging from a few months to years
- Home loans, mortgages, and personal loans
- Investment opportunities through managed funds
- Foreign currency exchange services
- Insurance facilities on a range of different products
- International transfers between bank accounts using BIC/SWIFT codes
If you continue to scroll below, you'll find a list of all the current operational banks in Fiji
. Click on their logo or name to find out some more information about each.
If you think we've made a mistake on one, feel free to contact us! We're always looking to improve this website.
ANZ Bank Fiji stands tall as the largest bank in Fiji with around 40% market share in 2016. The bank currently has 16 branches around the country.
Bank of Baroda Fiji currently have 8 operational branches throughout the Fiji islands. And another 7 ATMs in offsite locations.
Bank of South Pacific (BSP) Fiji is the currently the largest bank in Papua New Guinea (PNG). It operates in 6 other countries including Fiji.
BRED Bank Fiji are apart of the second largest bank in France, the Banque Populaire and Caisse d’Epargne (BPCE) group.
HFC Bank Fiji is now the only bank in the country that is 100% owned by the locals. They currently have 6 branches across Fiji.
Reserve Bank of Fiji (RBF) are responsible for a range of financial functions including the issue of curreny and control of money supply.
Westpac Bank Fiji also claims to be one of the largest in the country. Stating that their Fijian operation currently holds a 40% market share.
In the news and article section, we cover important topics about banks, and how to use them. For example, we may talk about how to use SWIFT codes
, or if any branches are closing soon.
If you'd like to know a specific piece of information about the banks, let us know!
Many banks across Fiji are forced to close their branches due to wild weather. BRED Bank opens its sixth branch in Valelevu, Fiji.
We take a look at the total number of ATMs and bank branches in Fiji, and where they’re heading in the future.
Travelling to Fiji sometime in the near future? Find out how much it will cost to withdraw money from ATMs in the country.
Find out all the banking facilities (branches and ATMs) at the main airport in Fiji, the Nadi International Airport.